Happy Valentine’s Day to all of our faithful followers! Sending much love and Pixie dust from both Tampa and snowy New York . Since today is the most romantic day of the year, we thought we would share our first Top 10 List -“Two Moms’ Top 10 Romantic Things to do at Walt Disney World”.
1. Romantic “Wishes” Dinner at California Grill Dining at California Grill can be an enchanting fine dining experience, add Wishes nightly firework show from atop the Contemporary – now that’s romantic. Dining reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance, so plan ahead.
2. Illuminations Cruise Watch a once in a lifetime view of Illuminations in World Showcase. Board a 21 foot pontoon boat (small enough to make it romantical) at Epcot and sail up international Gateway for an enchanted evening with your honey.
3. Characters in Flight Take a breathtaking trip above Downtown Disney in a tethered hot air balloon, with views up to 10 miles!
4. Dinner at Victoria and Albert’s (if you want to go all out, Vicotoria and Albert’s Chef’s Table) One of Disney World’s most regarded Signature Dining experiences, this adult only fine dining restaurant is located in the Victorian style Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. The Chef’s Table at Victoria and Albert’s is an exclusive table in the very heart of the restaurant where you watch the chef and his staff prepare your unique 10 course meal. This exclusive experience will cost you upwards of $210 per guest, so save your pennies for this one.
5. A Stroll Around The Polynesian Resort after Dark There is definitely something to be said for the atmosphere in and around Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Its the perfect venue for a romantic evening. Take a stroll down the beach, with flickering tiki torches and Cinderella Castle glowing in the distance. You could also lounge in a beach hammock having Wishes firework show as your backdrop. The bar at the beach is ALSO fantastic, so grab your favorite libation and cuddle up next to someone special.
6. Book a Surprise Spa Service or Couple Massage Senses, the spa at The Grand Floridian is a full service spa and health club sure to stimulate your senses and makes a super special gift for your Valentine.
7. Dinner at Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Artist Point is another Signature dining experience on our Romance List, with a warm atmosphere, an award winning wine list, and Pacific Northwestern fare. Reservations are also HIGHLY recommended.
8. Dinner and a Movie at Downtown Disney’s Dine-In Theater Enjoy dinner DURING your movie at this state of the art AMC movie theater with a full menu and bar service brought directly to your movie theater seat!
9. A Night on the Boardwalk Disney’s Boardwalk is a picturesque throw back to the boardwalks hay day, with a quarter long promenade of restaurants, shopping, and even boat rentals. Jelly Rolls , a dueling piano bar, is where you can spend your night singing along by request with not one but two piano bands.
10. A Trip Around the World No not literally, this is a Disney list after all! Take your Valentine to Epcot’s World Showcase and wine and dine him or her in Mexico with a Margarita , un bicchiere di vino (glass of wine for my non-italian mousketeers) in Italy, a cappuccino and pastry in France, and end the night with a pint at England’s Rose and Crown. If your date is anything like me, cruising “the world” on a food and drink tour SCREAMS romance!